There will be no shipping or pick up for the next two weeks (until mid April). Canada Post announced that they have suspended On-Time Delivery until further notice. Parcels that require signatures are now being dropped off at the door and since we are dealing with perishable items (live plants) this is not acceptable as some areas in the country still show temperatures below 0º C.
HOLD FOR SHIPPING & PICK UP
For customers who wish to have their order placed on hold, we will hold it until mid April and will send out the update to see if we are able to ship or schedule a pick up time. Hopefully, the weather will be warmer in some areas in two weeks and heat packs won't be required. If so, we would refund the heat pack fee.
We are happy to refund orders for customers who do not wish to hold the order. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and type REFUND with your order number.
After ordering you will receive a shipping invoice within a 7 days. The invoice will be automatically billed for heat pack ($4) and the shipping cost.
Our heat pack will last up to 96 hours. For shipping to areas that require more than 96 hours (4 days), customers will be notified by email to upgrade to Xpresspost.
Heat packs are optional and do not guarantee plants will survive, but heat packs offer a higher survival rate. If you wish to ship without a heat pack, please send an email to email@example.com with your order number. The duration of heat pack use is based on the estimate of X amount of day(s) to arrive for that order. Please take into consideration that there might be delays with Canada Post for unforeseen reasons.
We reserve the right NOT to include a heat pack when we feel it unnecessary and under certain weather conditions. If a heat pack is charged on the shipping invoice but was not required at shipping time, we will refund the heat pack cost.
British Columbia, Calgary, and PEI
We Recommend Xpresspost as items may take up to 6 days to arrive with Expedited shipping.
We ship every Monday. Shipping for these provinces will likely arrive the following Monday (up to 7 calendar days).
NO guarantee and/or refund if plants get damaged during shipping. Customers are advised to check the tracking number for updates to parcel arrival date.
Orders can take up to 2 weeks to process.
• Only ship within Canada.
• Only ship on Monday.
• Shipping is not available on weeks that have a long weekend as the post office is closed and to minimize the idle time plants spend in sorting facilities.
• There is a big difference in shipping prices to local areas, East and West coast locations, therefore all orders must be weighted to calculate shipping fees. Orders will be automatically cancelled after 7 days if customer refuses to pay the applicable shipping cost.
• Minimum 7 days are required to process orders and to send the shipping invoice.
• Summer - There is a 10% handling/processing fee included in the shipping cost. This fee will be no less than one dollar and no greater than $20.
• Winter - 15% handling/processing fee included in the shipping cost. Fee includes insulation materials except heat pack. Heat pack is billed separately when applicable. This fee will be no less than $5 dollars and no greater than $25.
• During the cold months starting October $1.75 for the signature sign off service will be applied to all shipping invoices. If you do not wish to have this service please advise us by email to remove.
Payment for shipping invoice must be made within 5-7 days from the day that the invoice is sent, otherwise order will be cancelled without notification and refund will be issued. Invoice must be paid before order can be sent out.
Signature Sign Off
Canada Post will drop off the parcel at the Post Office if no recipient is available to receive. $1.75 will be applied to your shipping invoice. This is mandatory for customer requires shipping during the cold months.
Unfortunately we cannot offer a guarantee on plant purchases. Although, we take great care in wrapping each plant, it is very difficult to predict if they will survive the shipping journey. Plants are perishable items, therefore Grow Something is not responsible for any damaged plants through the shipping process. Freight shipping is at your own risk.
British Columbia & Newfoundland
These provinces have the highest risk for plant damage during shipping. Freight shipping is at your own risk.
Our plants are shipped bare root. To minimize the shipping cost we do not ship plant with soil and pot.
Estimated Rate For Summer
$19 - $1 - 30 Purchase
$21 - $30.01 - $50 Purchase
$23 - $50.01 - $70 Purchase
$25 - $70.01 - $100 Purchase
$30 - $100.01 - $130 Purchase
$35 - $130.01 - $170 Purchase
$40 - $170.01 - $200 Purchase
Winter cost for shipping can increase to 15% - 20% due to insulation material usage.
We only deliver on Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 12 PM - 5 PM.
• Signature and ID is required if payment is made by credit cards.
• Ensure the name on the government issued photo ID matches the name on the credit card that was used to make the purchase.
• There is no refund on delivery fee if the customer misses the given delivery time frame. There is a return fee for unaccepted item with no recipient. This fee is 50% of the delivery fee.
• Signature is required to ensure secure delivery. No drop-off is available.
Gift Purchase Requirements
If an item is being purchased as a gift and credit card cannot be presented to the delivery service onsite, the purchaser is required to do one of the following:
1. ID and credit card verification. Send a copy of a government issued photo ID showing the name. A credit card showing just the last 4 digits and name. All Other info on the cards should be covered.
2. Make payment by Paypal.
$30 within a 25 KM radius of Grow Something locations.
$50 for Etobicoke, Mississauga
$55 for Newmarket, Markham, Richmond Hill, Aurora, Oakville, Brampton, Ajax, Pickering and Whitby
The prices above are estimates only. To get an accurate rate, please inquire by email with your address.
All other cities, please contact us for rates.
PICK UP INSTRUCTIONS
To ensure that your order is released to you promptly, please bring a government issued photo ID and the credit card that was used to make the purchase. If this is not possible, please contact us for further instructions. For your protection, orders can only be released to the customer who placed the order. We cannot allow any other party to pick up an order on your behalf.
We recommend that you pick up your order within 7 days of the date your order is ready for pickup. If you do not pick up the items, your order will be refunded.